Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Clouds: A Green Screen Movie

So, let me just tell you- this isn't the most flattering video!  Ha ha!  It was fun to make though and I am pretty proud about how it turned out.

I used i-movie to edit and splice the videos together.  The directions from the Green Screen room were easy to follow and i-movie is very user friendly.  I can't wait to use it again with my students!


The inspiration for this video comes from Virginia SOL 4.6:

The student will investigate and understand how weather conditions and phenomena
occur and can be predicted. Key concepts include
a) weather phenomena;
b) weather measurements and meteorological tools; and
c) use of weather measurements and weather phenomena to make weather
predictions.

This includes the study of the four major types of clouds, at least in Prince William County.  I thought this video would come in handy if you were teaching in an area or during a season that didn't have much change in weather or cloud cover.  You could watch the clouds moving on the screen instead of real-life if Mother Nature didn't want to cooperate.

No comments:

Post a Comment